At-home COVID-19 Saliva Sample Test Kits are now available at All Care. Please visit the screener at the front door of our 902 South 6th Street location to receive a FREE test kit. Tests kits are available to all.
If you cannot pick up a test kit, please visit www.testiowa.com and request that one be mailed to you.
Simple English and Spanish instructions are included in the kit.
The Test Iowa at-home testing program uses Spectrum saliva test kits and OMNIgene saliva test kits. Both test kits are saliva-based PCR tests; however, collection instructions differ slightly between the two test kits. The test kits can be distinguished by the logo on the test tube kit packaging and the color on the front of the instructions. Individuals using Test Iowa test kits must carefully follow the instructions included in the test kits to ensure proper collection. If you have any questions, please contact the Test Iowa Call Center at 1-833-286-8378.
How to Activate Test Kit
Spectrum Collection Instructions
How to Collect Sample
OMNIgene Collection Instructions
Do not eat, drink, smoke, or chew gum for 30 minutes before giving your saliva sample. Do not discard test kit box. Box is used to ship the sample to the lab.
- Once you have your COVID-19 Saliva Sample Test Kit in hand, activate your kit, online, at TestIowa.com. A QR Code is included in your kit to reach the website with ease. If you do not have website access, please call 1 (833) 286-8378 for assistance. The phone service is available Monday – Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm; Saturday, 8:00am – 12:00pm; closed on Sundays.
- Lay out all items from the box and make sure is present. If anything is missing, please call 1 (833) 286-8378.
- With the funnel, fill the tube with saliva (not including bubbles) to the black wavy line. Do no overfill.
- Replace the funnel with the fluid cap.
- Firmly tighten cap to release the blue stabilizing solution.
- Shake the tube for at least 5 seconds to thoroughly mix.
LABEL YOUR SAMPLE
- Write your first and last name and date of birth on the sticker. Please match the information provided on your online registration.
- Place the sticker on the sample tube.
RETURN – Kit must be activated (see above) before returning to lab.
- Place your sample tube into the orange bag with the absorbent pad. Seal the bag. Place the bag into the original shipping box and close the lid.
- Place the UPS return shipping label on the center of the shipping bag. Keep the UPS Return Service Customer Receipt as your tracking record.
- Place the box that contains the sample into the shipping bag.
- Pull the strip on the shipping bag and seal by folding over.
- Immediately mail the shipping bag through UPS.
The Test Iowa COVID-19 At-Home Test Kit distribution is made possible through a partnership between the State of Iowa and All Care Health Center to increase community testing access. Testing kits are provided through Test Iowa and are processed through the State Hygienic Lab.