Patient’s Rights and Responsibilities
Each patient has a right to
- High quality health care from clinicians who are experienced and trained to meet your medical needs.
- Considerate and safe care that respects your social, religious and cultural values.
- A reasonable response to your requests for treatment.
- Confidential treatment.
- Full information about your medical condition.
- Information compiled in your medical record.
- Participate in decisions about your treatment.
- Accept or refuse treatment.
- Be informed of advance directives and receive assistance with their formulation
- Be informed of any research that could affect your care.
- Be informed and consent in writing to diagnostic procedures performed by our staff.
- Receive appropriate, clinically approved methods to alleviate pain when those methods are available, necessary and meet your health needs.
- Know the professional experience and certification of our medical providers, our JCAHO accreditation status and other measures of quality.
- Affordable health care and information about the cost of procedures.
- Information about the health plans used by All Care Health Center.
- Influence the operation of All Care Health Center through a board of directors who represent the communities we serve.
- A fair and efficient process for resolving differences with us.
- Be informed of the grievance procedures used by health plans in which we participate.
- Your guardian, next of kin, or legally authorized responsible person can exercise your rights for you if you are unable to participate.
- Disclose relevant information and clearly communicate wants and needs.
- Become involved in specific health care decisions.
- Work collaboratively with health care providers in developing and carrying out agreed-upon treatment plans.
- Avoid knowingly spreading disease.
- Show respect for other patients and health care workers.
- Avoid eating and drinking in the health center.
- Disclose financial information and pay for services responsibly.
- Abide by administrative and operational procedures of health plans, health care providers and government health benefit programs.
- Report wrongdoing and fraud to appropriate authorities.
- Use All Care Health Center’s internal complaint and appeal processes to address concerns that may arise.
All Care Health Center is a FTCA (Federal Tort Claims Act) Deemed Facility.